Save the Date: 6th Annual Lavender Festival, July 8-10, 2016
The Lavender Association of Western Colorado is proud to, once again, host Colorado’s ONLY lavender festival in historic downtown Palisade. Located in western Colorado along the I-70 corridor, getting here is a quick 4 hour drive or 1 hour flight from Denver or Salt Lake City.
The festival is made up of three fun filled days where you can learn all about lavender. For more details and to purchase tickets for our bus tour.
This year’s Festival Poster Contest winning entry is from Victoria Bianchi of Grand Junction.
2016 Festival Highlights
- Friday: Guided Motor Coach Farm Tour of lavender fields, meet the growers, enjoy a picnic over looking the The Monument and end the tour with a wine and food reception at a local winery in Palisade. New this year experience a guided culinary tour in Grand Junction and Palisade, tour ends with a lovely lavender inspired lunch at the Red Fox Winery. For more information and to purchase tickets to bus tours and workshops www.coloradolavender.org
- Saturday: Festival where you can shop, learn and craft with lavender all day in Palisade’s Historic Memorial Park
End the day with a Gala Dinner at the Z’s Orchard, the menu features lavender inspired dishes, local wines, palisade grown vegetables and Colorado meats. For more information and to book your reservation.
- Sunday: Free self-guided farm tours during peak bloom; experience different activities at each location.
Sage Creations will be participating on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Sunday, July 10th Come to Our Farm and enjoy a guided tour, music, scavenger hunt, u-pick lavender, craft tent and farm featured gourmet pizzas(fresh toppings will come from our farm), lavender cupcakes and macaroons, gourmet popsicles and lavender lemonade.
- Farm open 9:00 to 4:30 pm
- Craft Tent: 10:00am and 1:oo pm Crafts will include a lavender swag, lavender star wreath – learn how to create an all lavender swag or how to incorporate flowers and herbs in your upside down bouquet! $15
- Lunch from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm; Gourmet pizzas from Michael D’Angelos; Gourmet Popsicles from Sassy Q’s Pops; Lavender Cupcakes by Simply Cakes
- Farmer guided tour 11:00 am and 1:30 pm