Lavender Grower 101 Workshop: Friday, May 12 8:30 AM TO 3:00 PM – If you are thinking of starting a lavender farm or already have a farm consider this class. You will learn how to prepare, plant, process, distill and market lavender. We will have five hours of course instruction and an hour and 1/2 of farm tour and questions. Cost $325/person. $400 for single operation(limit 2 persons). Lunch included. To keep the class intimate and personal, this class will be limited to 6 persons. To sign up call 970-623-9556 or email email@example.com.
Some of the topics will include:
Preparing beds – Design for the end in mind.
Harvesting for optimum use
Post harvest handling
Different cultivars and their marketability
Introduction to lavender propagation
Distillation(added two 1/2 more hours to course so we could add distillation demonstration and instruction)
and much much more….
Join the lavender festivities at our farm.
- U-pick lavender
- Craft tent where you can make a lavender heart or swag
- Lavender and Farm inspired lunch – TBA
- Live music featuring – TBA
- Scavenger hunt
- Free guided and self guided farm tours
- Lavender essential oil distillation demonstration
- De-budding and Lavender bud cleaning demonstration
- Our Lavender Shoppe and much much more….
- Free admission, charge for lunch and craft tent