Lavender Grower 101
April 24 & 25, 2020 – Virtual Class
This three-day experience will be jam-packed with practical information and insider insight to help you build a successful lavender growing operation.
Click here to enroll: https://sagecreationsorganicfarm.com/product-category/workshops-events/
Friday April 24th
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Virtual (MT)
Saturday April 25th
- 10:00 am – 12:00 noon (MT)
- Break 12:00 to 2:00 pm (MT)
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (MT)
Note: I will be recording the presentation as well, so you can go back and watch the replay if you’re unable to make the above times or simply want to digest it a second time.
Saturday, July 11th Field Class at the farm (lavender will be blooming at this time – lots to see and do)
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (lunch after); BONUS ADDED: Schedule ½ hour FREE consultation on the phone or in person.
The virtual portion would be covered by the deposit you already paid. The balance would be due at the time of the field visit. If you can’t make the field portion of the class that is ok. You will not be charged.
- Hands-on learning
- Lecture and Q&A
- Lunch is included!
You’ll learn how to…
- Design a field with the end in mind
- Select the right species and cultivars for your needs
- Prepare beds that lavender thrives in
- Control weeds organically
- Establish and maintain irrigation that won’t drown your lavender plants
- Plant lavender efficiently, with proper spacing
- Prune lavender, and when to do it
- Harvest at the right time for optimum use
- Handle lavender after harvesting
- Process lavender for various uses
- Market different cultivars and value-added products
- Propagate your own plants
…and much, much more.
You’ll also get our Lavender Grower Resource Collection:
- Lavender Grower 101 Workbook with lecture notes and helpful definitions from the workshop
- Laminated Point-of-Sale Infographic, “What goes into a dried lavender bundle?”
- Essential Oil 101 E-book
- Harvesting Sickle
AND, you’ll get some fun goodies
- 4oz. Organic Lavender Hydrosol
- 4″ Lavender Plant Start (field day)