Lavender is a versatile herb, often used in both savory and sweet dishes.
- A little goes a long way-it can be known to over power a recipe
- Crush buds slightly with a mortar and pestle before adding to your recipe
- If infusing a liquid with lavender, leave lavender flower buds whole
- Cook with English lavender(L. angustifolia) or a mild lavandin
- Lavender buds refer to dried buds, and lavender flowers refer to using fresh blooms
- If using dried lavender use 1/3 of the amount recommended for fresh