Almond Lavender Cake
Author: Taste of Home
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 tsp dried lavender flower buds, divided
- 1 cup butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup half & half
- 2 ½ all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt4 tsp boiling water
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- Grease a 10 in. bundt pan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place ½ cup sugar, the almonds and 1 Tablespoon lavender in a food processor or mortar & pestle and process till finely ground.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light & fluffy. Beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and half & half. Combine the flour, baking soad and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 F for 55-60 min. or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine water and 1 tsp lavender. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding the lavender. In another small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and enough infused water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Garnish with additional lavender as desired.