Asparagus, Leek, and Gruyere Quiche
Nothing says spring like brunch, and nothing says brunch like quiche! Fresh asparagus and leek compliment rich Gruyere cheese in this springtime dish.
Author: Martha Stewart
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), halved and thinly sliced, then well washed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch (1 pound) asparagus, tough ends removed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups half-and-half
- Ground nutmeg
- Our Favorite Pie Crust, fitted into a 9-inch pie plate, well chilled
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (4 ounces)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in lowest position. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium. Add leek and asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes; let cool.
- Step 2
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, ½ teaspoon salt, teaspoon pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese; top with asparagus mixture. Pour egg mixture on top.
- Step 3
- Bake until center of quiche is just set, 50 to 60 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.