Cherry and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 3 cups pitted and halved dark sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- Coarse salt
- 10 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- Twelve ½-inch-thick slices of toasted rustic bread
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cherries with olive oil and a few fresh thyme sprigs; lightly season with salt. Bake at 425 degrees until the juices begin to caramelize, about 17 minutes.
- Spread goat cheese among slices of toasted rustic bread. Spoon on the fruit and serve.