Chocalate Lavender Honey Tart
Author: (Bon Appetit Magazine, April 2008)
Recipe type: Dessert
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 9 whole chocolate graham crackers (about 5 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temp, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender blossoms
- 12 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 9 inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick spray. Grind graham crackers with 3 tablespoons butter and honey in processor until fine crumbs form. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom (not up sides) of prepared tart pan. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Bring cream and lavender just to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, remove from heat. Place chocolate in medium saucepan. Strain hot cream mixture into saucepan with chocolate. Stir over medium-low heat just until melted and smooth. Add cocoa powder and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; stir until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over crust in tart pan. Chill at least 45 minutes (chocolate will be slightly soft after 45 minutes and firm after 2 hours). Cut into wedges and serve. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.