Cold Lavender-Cantaloupe Soup
Author: The Lavender Cookbook
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 1 cantaloupe (about 3 lb) seeded, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 4 yellow peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lavender honey
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers and garnish if petals are open
- 1 ½ cups sweet white wine such as Riesling or Gewurztraminer
- Place the cantaloupe in a blender and blend until fairly smooth. Add the peaches and blend until fairly smooth. Add the orange juice, lime juice, honey and 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in the wine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime zest with the remaining yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Ladle the soup into chilled bowls and garnish with a dollop of the yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with the lavender.