Flourless Chocolate Lavender Torte
This easy recipe makes a silky-smooth, chocolaty torte that's kissed with floral notes of lavender. It's a great desert for any day - You can even make it ahead of time and freeze it!
Author: Inspired by Well Plated
Serves: 18 slices
- 9 ounces good-quality dark chocolate — 65% or higher, finely chopped
- 9 ounces unsalted butter — (Kenzie recommends European-style, such as Kerrygold) (18 tablespoons)
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Lavender Sugar : Blend 3 Tablespoons of lavender culinary buds with 1 cup of sugar in a food processor or smoothie blender. Process until sugar is finely incorporated with buds. 2 to 4 minutes depending on the strength of your blender. Store in a glass jar. This lavender sugar recipe also works well to add to hot cocoa!
- 7 large eggs — at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- If you're feeling dangerous: a few tablespoons rum — bourbon, or whiskey
- Optional — for serving: powdered sugar, berries, and/or sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease again.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl, until the chocolate is almost completely melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth and totally melted. Stir in the sugar and lavender sugar, then let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, fully combining between each addition. After all the eggs are added, continue to stir until the batter becomes thick, glossy, and utterly gorgeous. Stir in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and any optional boozy addition you desire.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, until the torte jiggles slightly in the middle but is not completely set. Begin checking at the 30-minute mark to ensure the torte does not overbake. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve alone or with whipped cream, berries, or anything else your heart desires.