Heirloom Tomato Salad with Herbs and Capers
This summertime dish is rich and colorful with a touch of salt. Visit us at the farmstand for fresh organic heirloom and cherry tomatoes and gourmet salted capers.
- 2 cups assorted heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon Italian salted Salina Capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds assorted beefsteak heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted or grilled
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle tomato mixture with salt and pepper; toss gently. Serve with bread.