Honey Lavender Shortbread
Author: Adapted from Milk & Cookies Bakery
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 30 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh lavender
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and lavender in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, honey, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon dough out onto a large rectangle of parchment paper and roll in the paper to form a log. Transfer dough to refrigerator and chill until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the log of dough into ½-inch slices. Place the slices on sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart, and bake 8 minutes, or until light golden brown.