Honey Roasted Peaches with Lavender
Kissed with lavender, ripe peaches are transformed into a an even more delicious treat with a turn in the oven and a honey drizzle.
Author: Inspired by Laura Martin Zapalowski, myrecipes
- ½ T unsalted butter
- 4 large, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup local honey
- 2 sprigs fresh lavender or 1 tsp dried culinary lavender buds
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 T plus 2 tsp mascarpone cheese
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Step 2
- Coat an ovenproof 7- x 11-inch baking dish with butter. Arrange the peaches, cut side up, in the baking dish. Drizzle the honey over the peaches, and add the lavender and lemon zest.
- Step 3
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and spoon the honey from baking dish over the peaches. Bake an additional 15–20 minutes or until the peaches are softened and golden.
- Step 4
- Top warm peach halves with 1 teaspoon mascarpone cheese, and drizzle with some of the honey in the baking pan.