Orzo with Summer Squash, Basil & Feta
Author: Inspired by Country Living Magazine
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- olive oil
- 3 medium summer squash
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large shallot
- 1 lb. orzo
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 1 tablespoon zest and ½ cup juice)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- lb. feta cheese
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium and oil liberally. Season summer squash with ½ teaspoon salt. Grill until tender with golden-brown marks, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer squash to a cutting board and slice into ½-inch pieces. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with shallot. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook orzo following package instructions. Drain and add to reserved squash. Add olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and basil; toss to combine. Top with feta and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper.