Peach and Lavender Whole Wheat Crumble
Author: Inspired by Taste of Home
- 6 cups sliced ripe peaches
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp crushed dried culinary lavender buds
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow Dutch oven, cast iron pan or ovenproof baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, zest and cinnamon; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and lavender buds. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches. Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.