Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Pea Shoots and Fennel
- 2 pounds baby beets, scrubbed, tops and root ends trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed lavender buds
- Pea shoots (tendrils), fennel fronds, and flaky sea salt (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place beets in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil; season with kosher salt, pepper and crushed lavender buds. Add ½ cup water and roast until beets are tender and a paring knife inserted into the center meets no resistance, 50–60 minutes. Let beets cool slightly, then peel.
- Cut beets in half and arrange on a platter. Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; drizzle over beets. Garnish with pea shoots and fennel fronds and season with flaky sea salt.