- 3 lbs of tomatoes such as Romas, Oxhearts, or Plum style tomato.
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Herbes de Provence blend (link to shopping cart), or Fresh Thyme or Mexican Oregano or Dried Lavender (1½ teaspoon of Lavender and 1½ Tablespoon of Basil)
- Preheat Oven to 300 degrees.
- Quarter or halve (depending how large the tomato) long ways and put them skin side down on a rimmed cookie sheet. Use tomatoes such as Romas, Oxhearts, or Plum style tomato. These tomatoes have less seeds and water and more tomato flesh which make it perfecgt for roasting. Some of my favorite varieties to use are San Marzanos, Opalkas, Jersey Devils, Speckled Roma, Hungarian Klamath and Super Italian Paste. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle herb preference over top. At Sage Creations we love Sage, Oregano, Lavender, Basil and Fennel mixed - our Herbes de Provence. Roast until they have wilted and shrunk by half. This should take 2 to 4 hours. Larger plums require longer roasting.
- Serve with mozzarella, barbecued meats, tossed in a pasta dish, add to a Mediterranean sandwich or serve with mozzarella.
Shop online for our certified organic Herbes de Provence.