It’s almost Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re spending it with your sweetie, celebrating with your friends, or planning the perfect “Me Day” – nothing says love like lavender.
From sweet treats to delightful decór, dried lavender will add a special something to your Valentine’s Day plans.
Here are five ways to infuse your day of love with lavender goodness.
- Sprinkle lavender buds for an elegant twist. This sweet-smelling decoration is an easy way to turn any setting into a delightful one. Add lavender buds to your dining table or home spa, turning an ordinary setting into a special occasion. Simple and classy, a sprinkling of lavender buds offers a chic (and sustainable) alternative to classic rose petals.
- Mix lavender drinks. Cocktails and mock-tails alike are simply better with lavender. Lavender-inspired drinks are tasty and trendy, often pairing well with roasts, cheeses and fresh vegetables. Try these 5 recipes from Food & Wine. Looking for lavender love in the morning? Infuse your water or tea with lavender.
- Add aroma for ambiance. What separates a normal day from a special occasion? The ambiance. There are many ways to create an environment for your Valentine. (And if your Valentine is you, even better!) Think about all your senses as you plan your day of love, including your sense of smell. Use lavender hydrosol or essential oils to surround yourself and your Valentine with the sweet and relaxing smell of lavender.
- Eat lavender sweets. Whatever your Valentine’s Day plans, they must include dessert. Make our Chocolate Lavender Shortbread Cookies or Lavender Earl Grey Chocolate Cake for the best of both culinary worlds.
- Give the gift of lavender. Top of Valentine’s Day with a gift. Organic beauty products are great gifts on their own, in personalized sets or paired with jewelry.
No matter how you spend your Valentine’s Day, make it your very own. Lavender is so versatile, and the possibilities are many. Share your ideas with all of us lavender lovers in the comments below!